antifaust contingency blog

where i post in case my other blog crashes

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Lessons from Grand Rounds

I've been thinking a lot lately about the antifaust relaunch and I've decided to change my focus. I've been trying to be just a "regular Filipino blogger" all this time, but I realize now that I should be writing more from the perspective of a young doctor training in a Third World country. We already have the sassy lawyer / radical chef for commentary on national events and Filipino cuisine. We already have lots of Filipino web designers writing about the blogosphere, programming and the future of the Internet. Kevin MD just published a round up of notable posts he found in medical weblogs, and I felt envious that these medical professionals were getting valuable messages and opinions across through their blogs, while I sit here whining about blogging software and crappy movies. I finally found a compelling reason to push through with the blog relaunch. Wish me luck. I'll still be whining and geeking out a lot, but I'll be taking a much more active stance on medical issues, I promise.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger brownpau said…

    Good for you. Angsty Pinoy blogs are a dime a dozen -- not that I don't read those too, and you're a childhood buddy -- but I'd be far more genuinely interested in reading firsthand medical reflections from the POV of a Philippine doctor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home