antifaust contingency blog

where i post in case my other blog crashes

Monday, September 27, 2004

The Horror!

I wanted to do a review of Chito Rono's new horror flick Feng Shui, which is making a killing at the box office here, but Sassy beat me to it. I didn't have time to catch it last week but I'll probably be able to watch it this week. I remember being impressed with Rono's remake of Patayin Sa Sindak si Barbara. He made a watchable movie out of a horrible script. He knows how to push people's buttons, and that, I think, is the only thing you need to be succesful in the horror genre.

One horror film I will definitely not catch is Exorcist: The Beginning. Guttervomit's Illustrated guide pretty much convinced me to stay clear of this certified bomb. Although it would be interesting to find out what really happened to Father Merrin in Africa, I would not like my experience of the first Exorcist film to be marred by this horrendous prequel. It would be like putting myself through Exorcist 2: The Heretic all over again, I think. Holy Hadouken!? What's up with that?

I'd urge everyone to check out the trailer for White Noise though. I don't have high hopes for it, but the concept behind it freaked me out a bit. Go visit the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena website and listen to their examples of EVP while you're at it. I dare you to do this with your lights off.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sassy Lawyer said…

    Well, well, well... look who's back to the blogging scene. How are you, Dr. Mik?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home